Monday, August 01, 2011

Paris Trip: Days before school starts

Ile de la Cite

Saint Chapelle - Rose Window


Staff @ St. Chapelle were on lunch break when I went... (1pm-2:30pm)
Since I had nowhere else to go, I stayed and sketched for an hour.

An advantage to be an artist: sketching is the best way to kill time. You can draw anything anywhere anytime!

Notre Dame


View from the tower (we can spot the Eiffel Tower!)


Flower market nearby


@ Louvre Musuem
On my way to Mona Lisa! You really have to line up early (I also got myself a 1-year membership pass =P), and run straight to her to avoid the crowd.

Empty hallway (except for security)




I was the 4th person meeting her that day


I was surprised that we are allowed to take photography and video in Louvre! This was the first art museum I knew that allows this; of course, no flash allow. (they can damage the paint.) I was upset and a little mad to see some tourists still used flash in front of the painting. I guess that's why they put glasses over some of the most important paintings. Still, all artists (no matter they are talented or not) spent their life and energy working on the paintings, which we should respect and treat them with great care.

Sketches from Louvre








Museé D'orsay




No photos allowed inside, so I sketched

Again, another advantage to be an artist: draw them when you cannot take a picture


On the streets






to be continued...

No comments:

Animation School
Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP