Monday, May 30, 2011

Kung Fu Panda 2 : Tigress

Heehee! I did a Kung Fu Panda 2 Fanart!


Watched KungFu Panda 2 the other day, it was good!

Honestly, I wasn't a big fan of Dreamworks animation, until KungFu Panda and How to Train Your Dragon. Madagascar is entertaining, but didn't last long in my mind.
I appreciated KungFu Panda more after looking at their artbook, they really spent a lot of time on the research! As a Chinese, I really enjoyed looking at the artwork.
Though I like KFP's artwork so much, there is something in the story which I personally don't like. The character who stands out to me the most isn't Po, but Tigress. She works extremely hard to be the Dragon Warrior (or the top), but she loses to a fat panda who only dreams to be a warrior rather than tries to WORK HARD to be one. Yeah... you can say though she cannot be THE ONE, she still able to reach somewhere decent... I admit I'm a stubborn person, it's just how Tigress loses to someone who never takes action (only dream) to get something she tries so hard in her life. (well, this applies to Tai Long too...) I don't really care how many percent hard work + how many percent talent + luck etc... Since the only control I have is hard work, I will work with my greatest effort to reach my goal (dream).
KungFu Panda 2 touches Po's past, which help me not to dislike Po as much; but I can see the potential of looking at Tigress a little deeper: how she thinks about herself and her relationship with Po (not in THAT kind of relationship though!!)
I really hope in the reminding 4 sequels, they can go deeper with the Furious 5 more. I think Nickelodeon is doing a tv series called "Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness", not sure if how well the story will be though... I wish I can watch it in Canada.
In general, I really enjoyed FKP2. I agree some story emotion isn't as strong as the first one, I still like it. Dreamworks definitely did a great job on this sequel. Love KungFu Panda! Go Tigress!

2 comments:

Ruby Chen said...

this is so cute! i really enjoyed KFP 2 too :3

michaelamos said...

Love it kitty! Your painting is amazing!

Animation School
Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP